Thursday 10 October 2013

What's my Name?

Hi, my name is Steve Damphousse. I have created a blog for a school class project that I hope to keep up with after the project has been completed. I thought I would do a blog about myself, so I hope you enjoy. I was born July 1st 1992, which I think is cool to be born on Canada Day. I grew up in Georgetown, Ontario which is about 45 minutes north-west of Toronto. I did all my schooling in Georgetown up till grade 13 which I graduated from Georgetown District High School. I played high school hockey for our school team for two years which we were tier two champions in my second year playing. I grew up playing hockey for the Georgetown Raiders for five years, winning the OMHA's twice and being finalist once. I also played baseball through out my childhood and played middle school basket ball in grade seven.

At the age of 11 I got my first job delivering paper a couple streets down from where I lived. Rain or shine every Wednesday and Friday I was out, with a little help from my parents on the rain days. When I turned 15 I applied to some real jobs and was lucky enough to get two at the same time. I first got a call from the Pizza hut in Georgetown which I ended up working at for three and a bit years. I started off running the dishwasher all night to being a cook. A couple months before I turned 18, my boss offered me a shift managers position which I did until I left. It was nice to know that I was able to take on that responsibility at that age and that someone else could see it in me. My second job I received was at The Club at North Halton, formally known as North Halton Golf and Country Club. I was accepted for being a labourer on the grounds crew which I have done for 6 seasons and still currently work. I started off raking bunkers and filling divots for a couple years. I think I spent more time in the sand than David Hasselhoff. I'm now a crew leader and I help train new employees on equipment and technique. I worked last winter cutting down trees and going to different shows in Toronto.

At the beginning of the summer I came to conclusion that I should go to school for at least something instead of just working all the time. Working on the golf course has really interested me a lot and built a passion for the game of golf. I think golf is one of the best and most difficult games to play. There is great sights in every golf course and the game is viewed highly of when it comes to looks of the course, facilities and even the players. I got accepted to the University of Guelph for Turfgrass Management and I think I chose the right path for myself. I have learned a lot in just a few weeks and have even got into an interest in sport fields. For my internship between my first and second year, I hope to travel over seas or to the United States to work on a golf course or sports field. It would be a great opportunity and I would learn and see a lot.

Thanks for reading my blog and hope you enjoy the rest of my blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment